Thursday, May 31, 2012

Yes, it's a corny title, but -------> Y.O.L.O!!

Bitter-sweet....that's the only way I can properly explain the past week. From my highest of highs to my lowest of lows....all in a space of less than a week. It's strange....bitter-sweet.....almost like chilli-chocolate (we'll discuss that taste of nonsense some other day)!

I attended my graduation ceremony - and even though I thought it wasn't a big deal, the look on my parents faces as I climbed that podium made that moment and that day oh so glorious! So as I throw confetti on myself, I am now truly grateful for my 2 seconds of fame! (also, Orlando Pirates clinched a treble for the 2nd time in a row....epicness!!!!!!!!!!). This was unfortunately followed 5 days later by the loss of a loved one.....to say devastation took centre stage in my world does not even begin to capture or express it. I've never been one to express such feelings out in the open, therefore I will not get into much detail....but I will share little facts - facts we should all already know:

1. Life is short. There's a song by Drake called 'the motto' (I booty hop to it when nobody is watching) - it puts it plain and simple - You Only Live Once!!

1. Life is short. Always leave a lasting impression....preferably a positive one. Even if its awkward booty-hopping to Drake songs.

3.Life is short. Write a bucket list, and start ticking things off!

4. Life is short. Stop concentrating on the fact that I wrote 1. twice and didn't write 2.!

5. Life is short. Laugh out loud! Alone.


6.Life is short. Don't do stupid things because of 'yolo'. That song does not mention any form of retardedness.

7. Life is short. Do what makes you happy!

8. Life is short. Drink water.....drink wine...drink more water than wine. And sleep....a lot!

9. Life is short. Spend time with people that matter.

10. Life is short. Say thank you. Say please. Say bless you when people sneeze. (yes, that rhymes and I rock!)

11. Life is short. Pat yourself on the back for the small victories. Pat yourself on the back for the big victories. Give yourself a proper round of applause and throw confetti on yourself if need be!

11. Life is short. Trust people. Give people chances. Forgive. Let go and live.

13. Life is short. Cut out the weeds in the garden of your life.Not everyone deserves to be a part of your life..

14. Life is short. Stop questioning what I have against the number 2 because I wrote 11 twice and not 12.!

15. Life is short. Take walks. Long walks, short walks....just walks! Breathe in the fresh (and somewhat polluted) air.

16. Life is short. Have telephone conversations with loved ones who are far.

17. Life is short. Write notes with pen and paper to loved ones and tell them what they mean to you....even if its just a thank you.

18. Life is short. Take a risk. Do what you want to do.

19. Life is short. Write lists.......any lists, of anything! And end your list on an uneven number.

I was tweeting today and picked up a quoted that had me laughing out loud (see number 5 for reference). It says "Just fart, get laid and smile". Now there's one way to be happy!

And remember, you only live once!! *continues with spasm-like, awkward booty-hop*

2 comments: