Friday, June 28, 2013

The bush is on FIRE!!!

I am very happy to report that I have a social life! Yes, I do...and a few weeks back I did what most people with social lives do - I had fun!

The 7th annual Bushfire Festival was happening in Swaziland and maaaan was it a blast! The event in the picturesque mountainous kingdom raises money for charity projects, and provides a blend of African and international musicians of different genres which is a treat to the music connoisseur's palate.

 
 
 
 
To say this was one of the highlights of my year would not be doing it justice. I had my favourite people around me, and a night of music with an atmosphere to match. The venue, open-air and filled with hundreds of people from all over the world set the scene for a thriller! The highlight of my night was watching one of my favourite bands, The Soil. I was staring at them, mouth ajar, in retard mode as they belted out smooth tunes to a raving crowd. This is one acapella band whose music I can sing backwards....yes, I am THAT much of a stan! And to top my night, I got to meet them. I will not get into the details....I choose not to embarrass myself, but let's just say I was completely blown away (read that as, I was in retard mode again)! I'm not sure what time we slept...and quite frankly I dont care!
 
Look, this was not my first Bushfire experience....but I can truly say it was my best. Well, that is, until next year tops it! ;-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment