Saturday, May 25, 2013

Call me masochist!

I have just 1 more day of life as I know it…*cues horror movie music*. A little dramatic? Yes? Good…that is exactly how I want my first post in almost 4 months to sound! Now lemme explain a little bit…  

My good friend Koko has somehow managed to con me into signing up for the most torturous 4 weeks of my life…boot camp!! The friends we have nowadays…smh! I will be actively engaging in intense, gruelling exercise for an hour a day, 5 days a week for the next 4 weeks. 1 hour….sounds easy, right? NOT RIGHT!! Considering I do not exercise ever, this will be absolute torture to every fibre of my being – I’m already feeling muscle pains, and I haven’t even started – just the thought of it gives my brain muscles pains. Sidebar: do brains have muscles?
Anyway, in my twisted mind, I foresee big buff women shouting orders like they do at boot camps for delinquents, and us shouting back “sir yes sir!!” (ma’am yes ma’am doesn’t quite have the same effect). Maybe I should slow down on the tv watching, huh?
 
But on the other hand, for some strange reason, I am quite excited. Pain and torture aside, I’m looking forward to pushing myself out of my comfort zone; I’m looking forward to stretching my pain threshold and see just how much I can take, but most of all I’m looking forward to the end result. There’s a certain feeling, a high, a climax, a peak, that comes with achieving a goal after putting in the hard work – and that is the high I’m chasing.   Did I mention the part about signing up for 2 boot camps?  No? Well yeah…2 boot camps with a 2 week break between both. I will try and update my boot camp experience as much as possible…that is if I live to tell the tale.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment